Radix’s very own Divya Bakshi, Channel Manager for Asia and Turkey, was also at the event and had the opportunity to address the audience with some interesting insights from the domains industry. Since domain names are the entry path to everything on the world wide web, Divya spoke about all the opportunities that new domains offer to hosting service providers. Divya highlighted the popularity of generic nTLDs (new Top Level Domains) stating that numerically they tick all checkboxes:
— thehostingtalk (@thehostingtalk) April 13, 2019
- 8 of 10 largest nTLDs are generics
- 8 out of 10 most developed nTLDs are generics
- 9 out of 10 nTLDs with most MX records are generics
- Maximum domains with SSL installed are on generic nTLDs
- SMBs drive 70-80% domain registrations for generics such as .ONLINE and .SITE; both nTLDs with 1M+ domains in registration.
- Large corporates use nTLDs for primary websites, marketing tools, eCommerce pages:
- Google: business.site sub-domain for Google My Business
- Viacom: viacom.tech for its tech-focused portal
- Emirates: emirates.store for its official merchandise store
- Asgardia: asgardia.space for its primary website
- Start-ups register new domains for websites, blogs, eCommerce pages etc. As per an internal study by Radix, 25+ startups on Radix nTLDs have raised $1.2B+ in funding.